Aussies aren’t generally known for how much they love winter. As a result, a lot of pools end up being neglected during the colder months. It’s understandable. When you dip your toes into the cold water of your fibreglass pool in August, you may feel like going back inside your home. It’s also a long run to get from your pool to a hot shower.
However, underneath the cold waters of your fibreglass pool are various benefits as well as solutions. You can end up feeling more energetic and ensure that your skin is healthier. You can also make your pool water as enticing as the hot shower in your home. Keep in mind though, that your fibreglass pool is an investment. You don’t want to make use of just half of your investment. So how can you make use of your pool during the winter months?
Get a Pool Heater
Not all of winter is as bracing. If you want to head out for winter swims, then you’ll need to avoid the discomfort associated with the cold shock. The cold shock is the feeling you get when you enter cold water for the first time. If you have a pool heater, then you’ll be able to make the most of your investment in your pool. This is because you’ll be able to use your pool all through the year.
When you have a heated pool, you’ll also be able to positively change the dynamic associated with your pool according to the seasons. During the summer months, you can use your pool as normal. But during the winter months, you’ll be able to really enjoy yourself by swimming in your heated pool. If you find that it’s hard for your pool to retain warmth during the winter months, then consider adding a pool cover. If you keep the pool covered when it’s not in use, then you’ll be able to save on costs related to maintenance as well.
Have you ever thought about investing in a pool that is indoors? Should you be thinking of swimming during the winter months, then an indoor pool could be perfect for you. Both indoor fibreglass pools brisbane, as well as mineral pools, have gained in popularity over the recent years, and it can easily be seen why.
An indoor pool shows elegance as well as a sophisticated design. This means that your indoor pool will be capable of becoming the envy of your whole neighbourhood. There are also advantages that go deeper than just appearance alone. You will be able to enjoy swimming in your indoor pool no matter what the season is. You can even swim in your pool when it rains. You will also find that cleaning your pool is easier for you. This is as you want to have to deal with floral and foliage debris.
One of the most reliable ways that you can enjoy your pool during the winter months is by using a spa. Spas are essentially designed to keep people both warm as well as comfortable. There’s also no better time to use a spa than winter. There are lots of fibreglass pools that come with a spa that is built-in. This will enable you to get a pool and spa in one.
There are also various health benefits associated with a heated spa. These include:
- You can reduce your stress. This is especially as the warm water will soothe your body. This effect is amplified in the winter when it’s cold outside.
- You’ll be able to relax your muscles.
- Using a spa is also a good way to warm up your body before you take a plunge in your swimming pool in the morning.
One of the best ways for you to ensure that you feel warm around your pool is by buying heaters to place outside of the pool. These can be fire pits, fireplaces, or even outdoor heaters. You can also equip your pool area with throws, blankets, comfortable cushions, and other things you can use to stay warm. Outdoor heaters won’t heat your pool directly, but they will contribute to creating a warmer and cozier atmosphere for you, around your pool.
This can be crucial, should you be planning BBQs or parties around the poolside during the winter months. You can even just enjoy a warm cup of hot chocolate while taking in the view.
Improving Your Health With A Cold Plunge
You may have heard about the benefits of ice baths. But doing it yourself may be something that you’re averse to. However, ice baths are a time-old tradition, and even Greek philosophers have indulged in them. A lot of the benefits you would get from ice baths can also be achieved by using your fibreglass pool during the winter months.
These are the benefits you can enjoy if you plunge into the cold water of your fibreglass pool:
- Improved Immunity: Upon submerging yourself in the cool waters of the pool, you’ll experience a mild version of cold shock. This will kickstart your body’s immune system. Your body will then produce more antioxidants as well as white blood cells. This could further improve your body’s resistance to colds and other diseases. It can also protect against heart disease.
- You’ll also be able to get healthy skin. This is especially true should you have dry skin naturally.
- You are less likely to feel lethargic after using a spa.
- Your metabolism will be heightened as well. When you swim in your pool during the winter months, you’ll be able to improve the circulation within your body. As a result, you’ll feel more awake.
- You can also de-stress in this way. Swimming is a kind of exercise that releases endorphins in the body. These are feel-good chemicals that can improve your mood.
- You’ll also be able to enjoy feeling exhilarated. There are swimmers who experience a rush when the cold water hits their bodies. This can be an excellent way to start your day.
During the winter months, when the temperatures drop and swimming may not be a top priority, there are still many ways to make the most of your pool. By following this guide, you can ensure that your pool remains an enjoyable and functional part of your property throughout the winter season.